Local Manufacturing plant is looking for a Plasma Cutter/ CNC operator. If you have the skills for this job give our office a call. Great company to work for and has the highest rated safety record.
- 2 to 3 years of current experience in operating a CNC machine (Whitney) and Plasma Cutting
- Sets up and operate machines
- Utilize blueprints,
- Makes adjustments for materials used,
- Verifies dimensional requirements
- Transfers materials to storage areas.
- Works with unconventional materials and requires specialized skills.
- Sets up and operates computer numerical controlled (CNC) machinery that automatically heats, mills, cuts, forms, drills, broaches or reams metal, plastic, or processed material parts.
- Makes adjustments to adhere to established specifications.
- Troubleshoots and corrects faulty programming.
- Makes general decisions as to quality, tolerances and operation sequence.
- Follows all safety rules and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works on semi-routine assignments
- Requires help from supervisors or others to complete new tasks
- Analysis and actions require instruction from higher levels
- Good knowledge of the job, company policies and processes
- Applies job skills to complete semi-routine tasks
- Some understanding of the technical aspects of the job
- Ability to follow verbal or simple written instructions and procedures
- Few judgment calls
- Serves as a team member
- Proficient at reading blueprints
- One piece CNC/PLC equipment (Stress oven, Whitney-plasma/punch; Oxy-fuel cutting; Plasma cutting; Laser cutting machine; CNC machining center/drills & machines, etc.)