Modern Staffing is seeking Extrusion Operators for a manufacturing company located in Seguin, TX.:
- Willing to work a 2-2-3 schedule with planned day/night rotation.
- Willing to work 12 hour shifts 6:45 am to 7 pm or 6:45 pm to 7 am.
- Willing to lift 30 pounds routinely.
- Basic understanding of machine operations and adjustments.
- Good technical skills – some background in a mechanical field.
- Good attendance and work habits.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to handle job stress and interact with others in the workplace.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance and willing to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- Perform routine operations required to set up, operate and adjust multiple polyethylene blown film extrusion lines with conveying and winding equipment to produce integral zipper plastic tubing.
- Work from prescribed production goals and standards, schedules, manuals, detailed specifications, consultations with bag department, shift leadership, maintenance, purchasing and others.
- Ensure the availability of raw materials and other requirements and requisition needed items.
- Assist in the selection and training of new team operators.
- Relieve team members during lunches and breaks and provide technical assistance to others as needed.
- Work with shift supervisor and team members to establish team production, scrap and quality goals and ensure completion.
- Perform simple calculations for daily production totals and quality results.
- Maintain necessary production, quality and equipment records.
- Ensure quality of product and conformance to extremely close tolerances by auditing various quality tests using a variety of electronic machines and visual inspections.
- Evaluate extent of deviation from specifications and assist in making decisions to perform correct machine adjustments or shut down line and scrap defective product.
- Perform routine die changes, changeovers, string – ups, shutdowns and startups.
- Troubleshoot difficulties in all areas, perform minor mechanical repairs and adjustments and report mechanical or electrical problems to the maintenance department.
- Use shadowgraph machine, electronic micrometer, chantillon machine, slitter, ruler and various hand tools.
- Operate electric lift table and pallet jacks.
- Adhere to company policy as well as prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Ensure good housekeeping of work areas and equipment.
- Fill out skid tickets and move materials as necessary in performance of duties or as directed.
- Operate up to two inline print presses in conjunction with other machines. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of print presses.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.