Modern Staffing is seeking qualified Conversion Operator for a manufacturing company in Seguin, TX Please see below job description to see if you qualify.
Local plant is looking for energetic and quality machine operators. Training is provided.
To safely produce good, quality bags using conversion equipment.
- Willing to work a 2-2-3 schedule with planned day/night rotation
- Willing to work 12-hour shifts 6:45 am to 7 pm or 6:45 pm to 7 pm
- Willing to lift 30 pounds routinely
- Basic understanding of machine operations and adjustments
- Good technical skills - some background in a mechanical field
- Good attendance and work habits
- Good communication skills
- Willing to handle job stress and interact with others in the workplace
- Must have regular, reliable attendance and willing to work outside the regular schedule as required.
JOB TASKS AND DUTIES
- Performs routine operations required to operate and adjust multi-lane bag machines with auto-pak equipment to produce plastic bags from blown tubing.
- Work from specific team leader / supervisor instructions, standard operating procedures and precise product specification sheets in the routine operation and adjustment of multiple bag machines running multiple products.
- Perform set ups and changeovers based upon prescribed procedures and production demand. • Use ruler, retractable knifes, hook knifes and various hand tools.
- Operate pallet jack and fork lift as assigned (once qualified)
- Perform Quality tests on finished product to ensure quality of product and conformance to specified tolerances. Areas inspected include: length and width, pre-seal location and quality, side seals, perforation or slitting, bundle count and overall appearance.
- Perform leak audits according to standardized procedures and perform simple calculations to record results (for consumer bags)
- Make routine machine adjustments to correct minor deviations from tolerance.
- Diagnose routine problems, detect cause and perform required machine adjustments.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, unusual conditions and defective material to team leader / supervisor.
- Weigh scrap according to prescribed procedure.
- Move materials as necessary in the performance of duties or as directed.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed Safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, directed or in accordance with designated responsibilities.
- Operate up to two conversion machines as required with a Packer.
- Cover teammates during breaks.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.