Local plant is looking for energetic and quality machine operators. Training is provided.
To safely produce good, quality bags using conversion equipment.
- Willing to work a 2-2-3 schedule with planned day/night rotation
- Willing to work 12-hour shifts
- Willing to lift 30 pounds routinely
- Basic understanding of machine operations and adjustments
- Good technical skills - some background in a mechanical field
- Good attendance and work habits
- Good communication skills
- Willing to handle job stress and interact with others in the workplace
- Must have regular, reliable attendance and willing to work outside the regular schedule as required.
JOB TASKS AND DUTIES
- Performs routine operations required to operate and adjust multi-lane bag machines with auto-pak equipment to produce plastic bags from blown tubing.
- Work from specific team leader / supervisor instructions, standard operating procedures and precise product specification sheets in the routine operation and adjustment of multiple bag machines running multiple products.
- Perform set ups and changeovers based upon prescribed procedures and production demand. • Use ruler, retractable knifes, hook knifes and various hand tools.
- Operate pallet jack and fork lift as assigned (once qualified)
- Perform Quality tests on finished product to ensure quality of product and conformance to specified tolerances. Areas inspected include: length and width, pre-seal location and quality, side seals, perforation or slitting, bundle count and overall appearance.
- Perform leak audits according to standardized procedures and perform simple calculations to record results (for consumer bags)
- Make routine machine adjustments to correct minor deviations from tolerance.
- Diagnose routine problems, detect cause and perform required machine adjustments.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, unusual conditions and defective material to team leader / supervisor.
- Weigh scrap according to prescribed procedure.
- Move materials as necessary in the performance of duties or as directed.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed Safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, directed or in accordance with designated responsibilities.
- Operate up to two conversion machines as required with a Packer.
- Cover teammates during breaks.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.