Perform routine operations related to the operation and adjustment of cartoning machines to insert bundles of reclosable plastic bags into retail cartons. Perform duties according to prescribed schedule, Plant Manager Instructions, standardized procedures and written product specifications.
- Basic understanding of machine operations and adjustments.
- Willing to lift 30 pounds routinely.
- Willing to work Monday through Thursday with overtime as needed.
- Willing to handle job stress and interact with others in the workplace.
- Willing to work 12 hour shifts and have regular, reliable attendance and willing to work otuside the regular schedule as required.
- Assemble master boxes.
- Load chip board and place bundles of bags into cartons.
- Place sealed cartons into master boxes, seal on case sealer and place on pallet.
- Stretch wrap completed pallets, fill out skid ticket, and place on pallet.
- Write required information on outside of stretch wrap.
- Move material as necessary using electric pallet jack.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety and ASI rules and regulations.
- Perform quality tests and/or inspections on bags, finished folding cartons, and master shipping boxes to ensure quality of product and conformance to written standards.
- Inspect bag appearance, finished carton appearance, fiber tear, and bag count by weight
- Load cases onto pallets.
- Feed the line with bags.
- Drive the line by sitting and using a foot pedal to control the speed of the line.
- Remove a string or rubber band and insert bundles into cartons
- Server as a helper by doing rework, weighing scrap, and filling in for other positions.
- Fill up boxes, open boxes, and keep chipboard full.
- Putting cartons into masters.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.