Modern Staffing is seeking a qualified Mechanic for a local organization in the New Braunfels, TX area. Please see below job description to see if you qualify.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Possess and maintain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with tank vehicle and air brake endorsement
- Military Veteran or Retired Military a plus
- ASE certifications preferred, but not required in either: T4 Brakes, T5 Suspension & Steering, T6 Electrical/ Electronic Systems, T7 Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning, T8 Preventive Maintenance Inspection, A4 Suspension and Steering, A5 Brakes, A6 Electrical/Electronic Systems, A7 Heating & Air Conditioning
- Performs preventive maintenance checks, services and repair on cars and light trucks in the areas of electrical, brakes, steering and suspension, heating and air conditioning, and trailers; installs accessories, law enforcement equipment and radios in vehicles and equipment.
- Performs State of Texas vehicle inspections and issues annual state safety inspection certificates
- Able to establish and maintain an effective and cooperative working relationship with other employees
- Responsible and dependable, no absenteeism
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions; able to write simple correspondence
- Able to perform strenuous work in the outdoors under all weather conditions.
- Uses and maintains a full set of hand, power and shop tools. Uses test lights, multi-meters, precision measuring devices and hand-held diagnostic equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM with 30 minutes for lunch
***OWN TRANSPORTATION OR VERY RELIABLE RIDE REQUIRED***