Job Posting: Material Mover
- Basic understanding of machine operations and adjustments
- Good technical skills – some background in a mechanical field
- Good communication skills
- Willing to handle job stress and interact with others in the workplace
- Must have regular, reliable attendance and willing to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- Able to perform repetitive overhead reaching, bending, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling.
- Willing to lift 50 pounds routinely
- Possess effective communication and organizational skills; English read, write, speaks
- To safely move spools of product and assist the conversion and extrusion departments.
- Scan Spools upon completion
- Performs routine operations required to operate and adjust multi-lane bag machines with autopak equipment.
- Work from specific team leader/supervisor instructions.
- Standard operating procedures and precise product specification sheets in the routine operation and adjustment of multiple bag machines running multiple products.
- Perform set-ups and changeovers based upon prescribed procedures and production demand.
- Use ruler, retractable knives, hook knives and various hand tools.
- Operate pallet jack and forklift as assigned (once qualified)
- Perform Quality tests on the finished products to ensure the quality of product and conformance to specified tolerances.
- Perform leak audits according to standardized procedures and perform simple calculations to record results (for consumer bags)
- Make routine machine adjustments to correct minor deviations from tolerance.
- Diagnose routine problems, detect the cause and perform required machine adjustments.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, unusual conditions and defective material to team leader/supervisor.
- Weigh scrap according to the prescribed procedure.
- Move materials as necessary in the performance of duties or as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, directed or in accordance with designated responsibilities.
- Train temporary personnel and others to perform routine operations
- Operate up to two conversion machines as required with a Packer.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
WAGE & SHIFT
- DAY SHIFT - $12.
- NIGHT SHIFT - $13.
- Willing to work a 2-2-3 schedule with planned day/night rotation
- Willing to work 12-hour shifts 6:45 am to 7 pm or 6:45 pm to 7 pm
REQUIRED WORK AUTHORIZATION
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $12 to $13 per /hour