Assembles parts to form component parts. Must be able to read a simple drawing. Positions parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled or by following specifications. Assembles primarily one product line component.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- May do minor set ups for jobs by locating parts.
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, spaced clips, rivets, cotter pins or
- other fasteners using hand tools and portable power pneumatic tools (i.e. import
- May remove small quantities of metal with hand files and pneumatic tools to
- produce close fit between parts.
- May operate drills, riveting machines, or hydraulic crimping machine to assisting assembly operation.
- May run sound tests to verify correct assembly of equipment.
- Fills out work orders and time sheets.
- Minor paint touch-up.
Temp to Hire
Hours: Minimum 40 – must be available to work overtime as needed including weekends
Hours: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm summer – 8:00am to 4:30pm winter
Pay: 13.00 to 14.00 depending on experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One month to six months of experience in related field preferred.
- Ability to read blue prints and follow assembly instructions.
- Ability to lift, push or pull 50-75 pounds alone or 200 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity; mechanically inclined and good eye/hand coordination.
- Ability to read measuring devices.