- This position reports to the Plant Manager.
- The position will analyze and report abnormalities and discrepancies in inventory to ensure the right amount of goods on hand are available and ready for production.
- The position will be responsible for the data integrity and recordings of the inventory in AS400 and IBS systems.
- They will work with multiple departments to ensure open communication of available product daily
- A College diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Data analysis experience, one year preferred
- Knowledge in data analysis; database management, analyzing and reporting data regarding inventory issues, results, trends, and solutions
- Technical writing skills- have the ability to clearly and concisely communicate via email, or reports
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- Proficient in computerized inventory systems
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and demands
- Must have regular, reliable attendance with the ability to work outside the normal work schedule when required.
- Extensive Product Knowledge
- Thorough understanding of all production processes
- Ability to read and understand production schedule
JOB TASKS & DUTIES
- Review and investigate all discrepancies and report as necessary
- Track inventory and request purchase of consumable materials
- Verify& receive packaging material into AS400 database.
- Assist with discrepancy reports and disposition packaging
- Verify pallet labels and count on shipment paperwork
- Inventory cycle counts, manual counts, and physical counts and record the data
- Provide support for operational daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
- Verify inventory for production planning purposes as needed.
- Assist and enter monthly inventories in AS400.
- Perform month end close process. Review downtime and verify that all production is entered correctly in the month.
- Assist and or coordinate monthly inventories, reconcile variances and write recommendation reports to post
- Coordinate cycle counts in multiple plants and assist in reconciliation.
- Work closely with material handlers to monitor inventory transactions
- Work closely with shipping and receiving to monitor and reconcile inventory issues
- Report creation and inventory monitoring for item transactions
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, ELECTRONIC DEVICES & SOFTWARE
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Computer (desk or lap top)
- Copier & Fax Machine
- Balancing, maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
- Stooping, bending body downward and forward by bending spine and waist.
- Example: Changing paper in printer, copier machine.
- Kneeling, bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching, bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching, extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Example: Giving signals, reaching for material or handle on item.
- Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Example: Making copies, giving presentations, directing traffic.
- Walking, moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
- Lifting, raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
DEGREE OF LIFTING:
5-25 lbs 26-50 lbs
- Fingering, picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; via face to face or telephone.
- Hearing, perceiving the nature of sounds with no less than a 40 db loss @ 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz and 2,000 Hz with or without correction.
- Ability to receive verbal communication and to make fine discrimination in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
- Repetitive motions, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Example: Filing, sorting mail, starting ignition of machinery.
VISUAL ACTIVITY REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Keep in mind that color, depth perception and field of vision is pertinent to requirements.
- Machine operation, inspection, close assembly, clerical and administrative duties.
Example: Preparing and analyzing data and figures, accounting, transcription, data entry, CRT exposure, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, using measurement devices or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Position requires individual to differentiate colors, depth and perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS SUBJECTED TO IN THIS POSITION
- Inside environmental conditions protected from weather conditions, not necessarily temperature conditions.
- Subject to noise, causing reason to shout in order to be heard above the noise level.