Job Description for Housekeeper / Room Attendant
JOB TITLE: Housekeeper / Room Attendant
REPORTS: Housekeeping Supervisors / Lead Supervisor
Performs routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms and baths under supervision of housekeeping supervisor. Room attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, and friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems.
ROOM ATTENDANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters and prepares the room for cleaning.
- Makes beds.
- Dusts the room and furniture.
- Replenishes guestroom and bath supplies.
- Cleans the bathroom.
- Cleans the closet.
- Vacuums and racks the carpet.
- Checks and secures the rooms.
- Replenish amenities according to the operational standards.
- Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests e.g. iron and ironing boards
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Perform rotation cleaning duties (e.g. steam clean carpets, winter cleaning, deep cleaning etc.) as required
- Cleans guest bathroom/bed room/floor corridor.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of his/her work area.
- Responsible for the hotel/resort property in the work area.
- Attends to guest calls, guest requests /guest complaints in the area assigned.
- Authorise to enter in guestrooms for cleaning and providing turndown services as per requirement.
- Responsible for following the standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding the guest satisfaction score.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel's Employee Rules & Regulations.
- To Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
Physical mobility and stamina required, Ability to follow instruction, Detail-oriented, Professional attitude is required, Ability to work independently.
Previous hotel-related experience desired.