Palletizer/ Sanitation worker
Cleans and Sanitizes all processing equipment and area inside the processing in accordance with US Department of Agriculture (USDA) standards; removes all egg meat and trash from walls, floors, and equipment; treats drains with deodorizer; and other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
No prior experience and/or training
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, USDA sanitation reports, and procedure manuals
- The employee mush be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- The employee must also be able to solve minor problems on their own
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee will regularly stand; using hands to handle, or feel, and reach with hands arms.
- The employee is frequently required to walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-100 pounds.
- The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this position the employee is required to operate various cleaning equipment such as water hoses and high pressure washers, manual pallet jack and powered floor scrubber.
- Employee is required to operate egg processing equipment to facilitate cleaning.
- Employee is required to operate a hand pallet jack and have some forklift experience
- This is a 2nd Shift position – work times will be flexible depending on production that particular day
- Shift could be from 3:00pm – 12:00am or 6:00pm – 3:00am or anything in between