Assembler Newell/Coleman Company
Assembles parts to form component parts. Positions parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled or by following specifications. Assembles primarily one product line component.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- May do minor set ups for jobs by locating parts.
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, spaced clips, rivets, cotter pins or
- other fasteners using hand tools and portable power pneumatic tools (i.e. import
- May remove small quantities of metal with hand files and pneumatic tools to
- produce close fit between parts.
- May operate drills, riveting machines, or hydraulic crimping machine to assist in assembly operation.
- May run sound tests to verify correct assembly of equipment.
- Fills out work orders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One month to six months of experience in related field preferred.
- Ability to read blue prints and follow assembly instructions.
- Ability to lift, push or pull 50-75 pounds alone .
- Manual dexterity; mechanically inclined and good eye/hand coordination.
- Ability to read measuring devices.
- Bend, Kneel, Twist, Stoop
- Stand in one place for 8 hours
- Do repetitive work
- Handle non climate controlled environment
- Fast Paced