Modern Staffing is seeking qualified Material Handlers for a manufacturing company in Seguin, TX. Please see below job description to determine if you qualify:
Works under general supervision to prioritize work orders and coordinates with supervisors to expedite filling requests for parts. Performs any combination of the following tasks to receive and/or store parts and materials for manufacturing operations: read production schedules, customer orders, and work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed. Maintains accuracy of inventory. May be assigned to one particular work center or various work centers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Picks/Pulls customers sales orders, manufacturing work orders, and work orders from various warehouse and plant locations.
- Records amount of material/components consumed on sales orders.
- Packs customers sales orders either for small packages or shipment following all packing procedures implemented as distribution packaging requirements at the time of the shipment.
- May process shipments via small software or logistics software for shipments.
- Required to operate sit down, reach truck, and order pickers forklifts.
- Accurately labels all sales orders and/or work orders.
- Uses RF Gun and/or desk top computer to access information or verify data.
- Follows up on any inaccuracies or discrepancies and coordinates with proper personnel.
- Notifies production planners or supervisor of shortages in material required to complete any order.
- May assist in packing and loading of whole good product.
- Assist in put-a-way process from receiving area using RF Gun or desk top computer to ensure all material/components are delivered to proper facility stocking location.
- Required to use weight counting equipment to count higher quantities for distribution to manufacturing work orders or customer sales orders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate Order Picker, Reach Truck, and Sit Down Forklift.
- Basic math skills and computer data entry skills..
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be physically capable to lifting, pushing, or pulling 38 pounds alone.
- Able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including steel toed shoes.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required
- 3 – 6 months of experience in warehouse material handling required.
Monday Through Friday and some Saturdays
1st Shift - 7am to 3pm
2nd Shift - 3pm to 11pm