Local Bastrop company is looking for a good metal fabricator!!!!
We pay weekly!!!!!!
- Primary responsibility is to fabricate custom and routine products.
- Is responsible for the preparation of custom and standard security products for final assembly; cutting, welding, sanding, painting, silk-screening and assembling various metal plates/products; and other production support related duties as required.
- Prepares and assembles custom and standard products for final assembly.
- Cuts, drills and punches various metal parts following detailed written instructions or diagrams.
- Uses various shop tools, such as welding machine, drill press, paint sprayer, sander, table saw, metal bender/shear, grinder, chop/jig saw, and silk screen equipment to finish products.
- Cuts, drills, and taps ferrous and non-ferrous metals and plastics.
- Welds studs to product plates.
- Prepares and finishes plates by filling in holes, sanding, priming, and painting.
- Packages plates and sends to production.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Working environment and other conditions of employment.
- Working conditions are primarily in an enclosed facility with temperatures controlled by central heat and air conditioning.
- Exposure to moderate levels of dust, grease, noise and unpleasant but not hazardous materials/odors on a daily basis.
- Occasional exposure to risks controlled by safety precautions.
Graduation from High School or General Education Development (GED) certificate and one year fabrication related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or related work experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of various metal fabrication techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of various metal finishing techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of and skill in using various machine shop tools
- Skill in working with various metals, plastics and paints
- Skill in performing shop mathematics
- Skill in reading and working from drawings, schematics and written instructions
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Physical requirements include carrying/lifting 50 lbs. and pushing/pulling up to 80 lbs.;
- visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to use machine shop tools, power tools and small hand tools;
- subject to carrying, lifting, twisting and reaching to perform essential job functions.