- Under general supervision, will diagnose, troubleshoot, fix and maintain all plant equipment.
- Performs routine and required maintenance on company-used forklifts, hoist, cranes, welding machines, exhaust fans, overhead doors, lights and machine shop equipment.
- Assigned priority lists of jobs to work on and selects appropriate tools and material to complete job.
- Maintains machine parts/supplies inventory to minimize machine down time.
- Follows machine maintenance schedule to ensure preventative maintenance is completed in a timely manner.
- Also required to work on general plumbing, monorail repairs and yard maintenance.
- This position supports and contributes to the company production goals and attainment of zero injuries.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Works safely in all aspects of daily duties and assignments
- Repairs and maintains all shop equipment to include changing oil and filters, repairing pumps, hoses, and fixing oil leaks
- Strong welding to correct monorail problems and work on special projects – as assigned
- Changes out, repairs and rebuilds paint pumps and hydraulic pumps using maintenance manuals and hand tools
- Replaces flywheels, clutches, wheel bearings, brakes, and lights on machines as needed
- Performs general maintenance on office equipment, air conditioning, and moves office furniture as requested. Performs general and routine maintenance in/and around office areas
- Install, diagnose and troubleshoot production machinery by performing detailed failure analysis and specific mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic repair, while balancing production needs
- Provide instruction and assistance to other maintenance personnel as required
- Competent and resourceful while providing temporary repairs when necessary and where possible to minimize down time
- Work on special projects; such as but not limited to, re-routing the conveyor, moving machinery, running gas, air and water lines (basic plumbing)
- Test and verify proper operation of equipment upon completion of maintenance tasks
- Observes and practices good housekeeping and safe work procedures while performing all assigned duties
- Project work as needed to improve processes and department flow
- Assists department supervisor in any projects or processes as needed
- Maintain Customer Service at a high / positive level
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Strong mechanical ability
- Strong knowledge of shop math
- Able to read and use precision measuring equipment
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- General knowledge and familiarity with machine shop equipment – including shop tools, forklifts, cranes, hoists, exhaust fans, and welding machines
- Must be able to read and understand operators/owners manuals and blueprints
- Knowledge of electrical equipment electrical repairs
- Requires general knowledge of environmental practices, procedures and requirements
- Ability to work in a team environment and get along with others – position requires constant interaction with all production related employees and vendors
- Ability to schedule and prioritize work to ensure timely completion of work assignments
- Forklift and Scissor Lift experience.
Education and Experience:
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Technical school training preferred
- Minimum 6 years’ machine or mechanical maintenance experience required
- Current/insurable driver’s license for travel to pick up parts
Frequent walking, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing as required by tasks being completed
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 35 pounds alone and greater than 35 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (up to 8+ hours) as required by tasks being completed.
- Ability to wear appropriate PPE, including hearing/eye protection, gloves and safety shoes.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed to complete job assignments.
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled manufacturing plant environment.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to tolerate heights.