The Quality Assurance Manager oversees the quality and safety of products provided by Texas Tito’s. This position must work with the production and office staff on key programs such as third party audits, departmental goals and objectives (KPI’s), quality assurance projects, and continuity of key programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as SQF practitioner by validating and verifying programs and operating procedures.
- Facilitates Plant’s Quality and Food Safety training, including new hires.
- Ensures the quality of product and services by testing product, performing audits of product lines, placing defective products on hold, and taking corrective action.
- Acting as a liaison with the customer service team to quickly resolve any customer incidents.
- Keeps current with key quality assurance programs, and department operation by working closely with the Operations Manager and Operations Director.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. production, warehouse, maintenance, safety) to attain company established goals.
- Facilitates and Leads Quality team’s meeting.
- Maintains a working Hold log and communicates discrepancies to the appropriate departments.
- Performs other duties including but not limited to completing various reports, maintaining bill of materials, aiding in the product development process flow, and completing weekly reports
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in a science field, preferably food science is a plus
- Masters is a plus
- SQF, PCQI, HACCP Certification preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Prefer experience in a lab
- Proven people management & experience leading and developing a team
- Demonstrates a general understanding of: Economic metrics (e.g. Margins, Cost per Case) and Operations metrics (e.g., Waste, Inventory Management)
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience required.
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety regulations, HACCP, auditing, Food Code, SQF, crisis management & product recalls, Food Safety and Quality Systems program, process validation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, and Presentation skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Proficient in ERP systems
- Proficient computer skills in spreadsheets; data bases, and word processing
- Excellent technical knowledge of equipment, products and processes
- Self-motivated, and results orientated
- Strong background in PCQI, SQF and HACCP
- Must have a hands-on work ethic
- Bilingual preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves daily exposure to unusual elements such as strong smells, moisture, fumes, and noise. Seasonal exposure to weather elements includes, but is not limited to, extreme temperatures, wetness and humidity.
- Work environment involves daily exposure to physical risks such as working around mechanical equipment, forklifts, chemical hazards, and electrical hazards.
- Position requires the ability to stand, sitting frequently at a desk, walking around the office and plant; carrying packages up to 50 pounds; utilizing fine dexterity; reaching and kneeling on a daily basis. Also requires the ability to communicate with associates and others with professional etiquette.
- Personal protective equipment, as defined by Texas Tito’s, Inc. will be provided.
- Demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefit programs that include medical and IRA.