Modern Staffing is currently recruiting for a pristine local assisted living facility. If you have the passion to care for others, please apply today!
Our Resident Assistants are caring and compassionate individuals that provide personal care and assist each Resident while maintaining their independence. This position works within the Resident Services Department, reporting to the Wellness Director.
We are looking for compassionate and caring individuals to join our team to uphold our “Residents First” philosophy. Our Resident Assistants provide all care in a positive manner to enhance the Residents life at the Assisted Living Facility.
- Caring for the personal needs, safety, and comfort of our Residents
- Assisting with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) this includes: wardrobe, personal hygiene, ambulation, and stand by assist transferring
- Assist in daily task such as Housekeeping, Laundry, Use of telephone, and Mail delivery
- Observe and Report changes in Resident’s condition and status to Wellness Director
- Conduct rounds to monitor for hazards or incidents
- Assist with medication, medication reminders or cueing
- Assist in dining including setting up tables for all meals, escorting residents to dining room, serving, and clean up
- Resident Assistant is responsible for shift to shift report, checking the Service Plan Book for changes and assignments and the Communication Book for memos and in-services due.
- Complete required documentation (i.e.: incident reports, charting, rounding sheet) prior to end of shift. No exceptions.
- Maintain Wellness Center and Breakroom in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Reports emergency maintenance issues by phone to Executive Director or Wellness Director. If not, an emergency you must document in the communication log.
- Resident Assistant is responsible for reporting to duty on time and not incurring overtime without Executive Director’s approval
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position must:
- Desire to work with seniors in an environment that upholds their privacy, dignity, choice, independence, and individuality.
- Able to organize and utilize time appropriately to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Able to work well with others and to function effectively as part of a team.
- Well-groomed and a willingness to follow dress requirements.
- Cheerful, enthusiastic attitude and a willingness to learn new knowledge/skills.
- Resident Assistant is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, fingers, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, and smell.
- Must be capable of lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 50 pounds or more.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat.
- Must have a clear criminal background
- Must have a clear drug screen
- Reliable transportation
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively with Residents, Families, Guests, and other associates
- Six months of work experience in a senior living setting is preferred
- Must be 18 years of age. High School Graduate or GED preferred.
- It is not required to be a CNA (Certified Nursing Aide) to apply