Modern Staffing is seeking qualified Material Handlers for a local manufacturing company in New Braunfels, TX:
Material handlers perform an array of functions that include accepting and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing, and retrieving stock in the warehouse. Material handler’s sort and maintain inventory, complete cycle counts, keep bins full for production, and complete other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Loades and unloads trucks, receives raw materials and products, and picks, packs, wraps, labels, and/or ships products.
- May maintain shipping and receiving logs and ensures that incoming and outgoing products and material are in good condition and accurate counts.
- Moves raw materials to the production area and moves finished products to inventory.
- Moves materials to the production area. Replenishes materials as needed.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization and safety of the warehouse/inventory.
- Maintains organization of inventory, inventory control, and product knowledge.
- Interacts with various departments in the performance of their duties.
- Controls costs by ensuring materials and products are safety stored, accounted for and delivered to the proper customers as needed.
- Verifies and pulls customer sales orders from warehouse stock.
- Packs customer sales orders in appropriate packing material and shipping containers.
- Prepares freight bills and other shipping documents for customer sales orders using manual and electronic equipment.
- Calculates shipping costs based on freight requirements and customer requests.
- Checks and verifies materials received for damage and notes on shipping documents.
- Process mail using US postage machine daily.
- Operates forklift, pallet jack, aerial lift and/or hand truck to move stock or material to or from shipping area or supplier’s vehicle as needed.
- Unpacks, checks and verifies materials received against packing list and reports discrepancies and/or damaged goods.
- Operates computer to receive materials and query part information.
- Stocks materials in assigned bin location and observes date code requirements as well as any first-in/first-out (FIFO) requirements and participates in cycle counts.
- Provides general information regarding shipped and/or received materials, inventory, supplies and all materials.
- Effectively communicates with freight company for pickup and delivery of materials and product. Effectively communicates with other department staff as needed.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions and operational controls implemented by the company to comply with all applicable legal requirements.
- Follows safe working practices and properly wears personal protective equipment as required. Must wear safety belt any time forklift is in motion.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate and one-year related experience in a related shipping/receiving environment. Forklift driver certification preferred.
- Forklift certification and show proof of competency in operating forklift, aerial lift, pallet jack and other required shipping equipment. Ability to operate motorized equipment safely.
- Be attentive to detail, have good planning, time management skills, and be willing to assume a variety of tasks to keep the warehouse functioning.
- Prior experience with manufacturing assembly, handwork or packing preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform shipping, receiving and inventory control procedures.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculation and filing and organizing material.
- Skill in operating office equipment, including personal computer for data entry, order searches, email, web searches (mail, UPS, FedEx etc.…).
- Ability to maintain records, documents and compile and organize reports.
- Ability to operate postage equipment and manual and electronic shipping equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret shipping orders and shipping/receiving invoices.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
- Valid Texas driver’s license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Shifts: Monday through Friday 7am-3pm
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull or otherwise move objects up to 75 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist.
- Indoor/ out-door work environment.
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination, utilize near and far vision, depth perception and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, objects and operate telephone, computer keyboard, basic office and shipping equipment which are essential aspects of this position.