If you are an experienced Quality control person this job is for you !!!! Please give Modern Staffing a call.
Job Summary : Conducts inspections on inbound product, manages the MRB, and performs First Article Inspections in a manner that meets the process metrics. Supports the production line with basic troubleshooting and failure analysis, leads containment activities on non-conformances. Calibrates and maintains equipment used for inspection, measurement and testing.
- Perform incoming inspections on inbound product, maintains inspection records and inspection plans. Ensures inspections are performed inside the required time frames.
- Generate non-conformance reports for rejected product out of I.I.
- Process NCRs and rejected product from the production line.
- Support production team in the proper identification, documentation, containment, and analysis of non-conforming product.
- Facilitates MRB meetings, drive closure of NCRs against metrics.
- Evaluates and performs first article inspections, generates FAI reports, and maintains FAI records.
- Assists in the implementation and effectiveness verification of Corrective Actions.
- Manages the calibration of equipment used for inspection, measurement and testing, and maintains calibration records.
- Support/perform product and process audits as required.
- Work closely with internal Manufacturing, Engineering, and Supply Chain teams as well as suppliers to resolve quality issues.
- Receive and process customer returns as needed.
- Work in other Quality areas, as required to support the overall company objectives; act as backup to other members of the Department for designated tasks.
- Adhere to all safety rules, company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
- GED or High School diploma required.
- Associates degree and/or ASQ CQI or CQT preferred; equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment with participation in Continuing Education is acceptable.
- 2+ years’ experience in Quality Inspection of machined/fabricated parts or plastic injected molded components.
- Must be proficient in the use of standard measurement and inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, thread gages, etc.
- Working knowledge of digital optical comparators is preferred.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings and technical specifications.
- Must be proficient in math and geometry.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
- Experience with Calibration Tracking Systems is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs regularly and up to 50 lbs intermittently with assistance
- Ability to stand up to eight (8) hours per day, if necessary.
- Good driving record required.
- May be required to travel to other Company locations (ie-Marion, Alamo Downs) as required.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.