Modern Staffing is seeking Assemblers for a manufacturing company located in Seguin, TX. Please see job description below:
Assembles parts to form component parts for grounds maintenance and agricultural equipment such as drive lines and gear boxes, partially or completely, working on shop floor. Positions parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled or by following blueprints/specifications. Assembles primarily one product line component.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- May do minor set ups for jobs by locating parts.
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, spaced clips, rivets, cotter pins or other fasteners using hand tools and portable power pneumatic tools (i.e. import wrench).
- May remove small quantities of metal with hand files and pneumatic tools to produce close fit between parts.
- May operate drills, riveting machines, or hydraulic crimping machine to assist in assembly operation.
- May disassemble gear boxes for salvage of parts.
- Usually specializes in the assembly of 15' equipment, hydraulic booms, single spindle machines, gear boxes, hose assembly and drive lines.
- Seals inserts such as bearing sand grease seals in hubs and sleeves using power press.
- Attaches blades to hubs on reel shaft.
- May run sound tests to verify correct assembly of equipment.
- Fills out work orders and time sheets.
- May assist in training other employees.
- Minor paint touch-up.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One month to six months of experience in related field preferred.
- Ability to read blue prints and follow assembly instructions.
- Ability to lift, push or pull 50-75 pounds alone or 200 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity; mechanically inclined and good eye/hand coordination.
- Ability to read measuring devices.
- Ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane.