Modern Staffing is seeking a qualified Brake Press Operator for a manufacturing company located in Seguin, TX:
Produce quality fabricated product using the fabrication equipment and ability to read blueprints.
Essential Job Duties :
- Verify that safety devices and lubrication dispensers are operational and fill dispensers as needed.
- Set up and operate laser by following work instructions and monitoring operation.
- Set up and operate shear by following work instructions and monitoring press controls.
- Set up and operate Turret press by following work instructions and monitoring press controls.
Set up and operator press brake by following work instructions and monitoring press controls.
- Set up and operate ancillary fabrication equipment by following work instructions and monitoring controls.
- Perform assembly operations per work order and work instructions.
- Handle materials appropriately.
- Complete all inventory paperwork as required.
- Perform measurements on parts as directed.
- Label work-in-process and finished goods correctly.
- Perform visual/attribute inspection on parts to verify that parts are correct and complete visual inspection chart if required.
- Complete labor sheets and forward to supervisor.
- Remove scrap from and place in appropriate scrap hopper.
Record the number of rejects produced on the scrap tally sheet and submit with completed work order.
- Maintain work area according to plant housekeeping standards.
- Observe safe working practices, rules and regulations; wear all safety equipment as required, correct and report hazards immediately and actively participate in and support all company safety, health and environmental programs.
- Completes company required training programs assigned by the Production Manager and participates in optional training programs provided by the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
- Recommends quality, safety, and productivity improvements to plant management.
Education and Experience:
- Prefer high school graduate or GED
- Prefer at least one (1) year Press Brake experience
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Complete company inspection tool training program, when required.
- Minimum of one year experience or equivalent training required.
- Ability to frequently lift, carry, push and pull up to 20 pounds and infrequently push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach, handle, finger, feel and use eye-hand coordination and eye-hand/foot control; occasionally stoop; and infrequently climb, kneel, crouch and twist upper body.
- Ability to demonstrate near and far acuity and depth perception.
- Ability to use senses of hearing and touch.
- Average ability to think and reason, solve problems, apply speed and accuracy, solve math problems and use three-dimensional skills; low ability to read with speed and accuracy and reason mechanically.
- Above average interpersonal skills; average oral communication and organizational skills, and low written communication skills.
- Ability to read cosmetic specifications, diagrams, operating instructions, and work orders.
- Ability to write labor sheets and scrap tally sheets.
- Ability to apply basic arithmetic operations and counting parts and rejects.
- Work scheduled shifts and overtime as it arises.
- Perform work in manufacturing plant and/or adjoining and related work areas.
- Frequent exposure to extreme heat, extreme noise, mechanical hazards, vibration hazards and moving equipment (i.e. cranes and forklifts) and occasional exposure to outdoor work, electrical hazards and fume/odor hazards.
Materials, Tools and Equipment:
- Fabrication equipment, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, hammers, lubricants, inspection tools, air tools, abrasive products, carbon and stainless steel, aluminum, copper and brass.
Monday through Friday
2pm - 10pm