Modern Staffing is seeking a qualified Printed Circuit Board Assembly Solderer for a manufacturing company located in New Braunfels, TX:
Responsible for assembling mechanical and electro-mechanical boards, hardware and other door products and highly configurable complex units/assemblies. Sets up jobs, solders parts to printed boards, completes re-work, packs products and other related duties as required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to read and interpret bill of materials (BOM) and accurately pick materials required for scheduled work orders.
- Maintains soldering certification. Solder minor and complex PCB’s and other solder subs. Solders parts and wires to printed circuit boards and completes re-work.
- Assembles mechanical and electro-mechanical highly configurable and complex units and boards, parts, hardware and other door products using various parts, such as, electronic components, PC boards, covers, plates, boxes, screws, nuts, and wires.
- Inserts small component parts and/or wires onto printed circuit boards.
- Meets or exceeds standard rates and performs Assembly I &II functions as needed.
- Tests PCB boards and operates PWA machines, i.e., Juki pick and place surface mount machine and Juki Cube through hole selective solder machine, Heller oven and all other PWA equipment/machines.
- Operates/uses machines, hand tools, small power tools, voltage meters and testing equipment to assemble and test product. Strips, wraps wires and wires units.
- Reviews work orders and ensure appropriate level of materials, tools, equipment and resources are available for production functions.
- Reads process sheets and assembles boards and units for standard and custom orders.
- Works from samples, sample drawings, blueprints, schematics and written and verbal instructions. Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials.
- Packages product and prepares for shipping. Ensures all packaging is according to workmanship standard. Attaches identifying labels to finished product, boxes and part containers per work instructions.
- Assist in moving materials, parts and products as needed.
- Determines item identification and stock location. Stores items in bins, racks, or shelves, according to identifying part number.
- Ensure assigned production work orders are followed. Run what is scheduled to run. Communicate any deviations immediately.
- Completes in-process-inspection to ensure product meets work instruction specifications, quality attributes and reports variances immediately to lead/supervisor.
- Collaborate with Quality Auditor to ensure all production output meets work instruction specifications to eliminate product variances, waste and customer complaints.
- Production ownership: Responsible for assigned production efficiency, productivity and accuracy of items produced to minimize backlog. Meets or exceeds standard rates.
- Attendance: report to work on time at the beginning of the shift, after meal & break periods and be prepared to work immediately after clock in.
- Maintains appearance standards and professional communication skills to ensure a high level of employee dignity, respect and teamwork in the work area.
- Supports cross-training of production staff and new hires.
- Reports building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Continuous improvement demonstrated in production output and building sanitation.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control and safety of work area.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions and operational controls implemented by the company to comply with all applicable legal requirements.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate. Experience in a manufacturing/assembly and soldering work-related environment required.
- Soldering certification and experience.
- Mechanical aptitude and skills using hand tools, small power tools and soldering iron.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, prints and engineering documentation.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to distinguish colors for color coding practices.
- Ability to perform detailed repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Attentive to detail with good planning time management skills, and willing to assume a variety of production/assembly related tasks.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Schedule:Monday through Thursday6:00AM - 4:30PM
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching, bending at the waist. Indoor/ out-door work environment.
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination, utilize near and far vision, depth perception and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, objects and operate basic office equipment which are essential aspects of this position.