Modern Staffing is seeking a structural Fitter for a manufacturing company located in Seguin, TX.:
Summary of Duties
Applies advanced skills and appropriate welding processes to fit structural frameworks from materials (mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum), such as angle iron, I-beams and steel plate following blueprints and specifications.
This position will have the following general/minimum responsibilities:
- Fit structural frameworks from materials to fabricate products according to layouts, drawings or work order.
- Read blueprints and identify material sizes.
- Lay-out, position, align and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembling, using a straight edge, combination squares, calipers and rulers.
- Cut, contour and bevel metal plates and structural shapes to dimensions as specified by blueprints.
- Check grooves, angles or gap allowances, using calipers and precision measuring instruments.
- Burn, measure and tack weld to correctly assemble multiple parts of steel per detailed drawings.
- Operate overhead cranes.
- Practices good housekeeping skills and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
- Understand and follow safety policies and procedures.
The following education, experience and knowledge are preferred for this position:
- Two or more years of structural fitting experience and/or demonstrated ability to perform advanced skills according to testing requirements.
- Must have verbal skills with fluency for the responsibilities assigned.
- Must have experience with mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Exposure to possible shop hazards including but not limited to welding fumes, heat, flash burns, skin burns, high noise level and eye injuries from welding arc and grinders.
- All work performed in shop environment.
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs. Walking, climbing, bending, stooping, and heavy lifting, pushing and pulling while handling material not exceeding fifty pounds.