Modern Staffing is seeking an experienced Production Supervisor for a manufacturing company located in New Braunfels, TX:
Is responsible for preparation of production schedules based on customer requirements, quality specifications, and shipping lead timelines; responsible for oversight of production department employees’ assignment of daily tasks and ensuring completion of new employee training. Supports production/assembly as needed. Performs other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for assigned areas of oversight, efficiency, productivity, and accountability.
- Ensures staff accurately works from samples, sample drawings, blueprints, schematics, as well as written and verbal instructions. Eliminates loitering of all personnel.
- Reviews work orders and ensure an appropriate level of materials, tools, equipment, and resources are available for production to ensure production targets are met.
- Enforces safety policies and procedures, takes appropriate action to ensure the safety of all employees, and maintains the cleanliness and organization of the work area.
- Ensures equipment and machinery are maintained and properly operating.
- Collaborates with Quality Auditor to ensure all production output meets work instruction specifications to eliminate product variances, waste, and customer complaints.
- Completes in-process inspection to ensure the production process is as defined in work instructions. Puts product on hold/containment for any issues identified.
- Ensures daily scrap is entered for inventory control and for improvement analysis.
- Maintains appearance standards, presence, and professional communication skills and ensures employee needs are met: time off request reviewed and timely responses to requests/concerns to ensure a high level of employee dignity and respect.
- Reports building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Monitors assigned team members’ attendance and performance: Document and report assigned team members’ policy/procedure violation(s) and/or performance deficiencies timely and follow thru with support for applicable and appropriate corrective action.
- Reviews and approves subordinate time records for timely payroll processing.
- Fosters excellent communication internally and externally.
- Supports sales department with lead times and other information as needed.
- Timely and accurate reports: Production productivity, work standards, purchase parts shortages, backlogs, inventory, maintenance needs, etc.….
- Analyzes data and develops strategies for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develops/maintains department budget and inventory costs.
- Development of department key performance indicators (KPIs) for monthly review/analysis of actual results vs. plan and drives improvements.
- Hires, trains, and supervises staff and is responsible for the development and maintenance of succession plans and cross-training to ensure business continuity.
- Adheres to and enforces company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in Electronics and four years of manufacturing-related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or related work experience. Strong leadership, mentoring, and cross-training experience. One-year soldering experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with circuit board assembly in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of and skill in electro-mechanical assembly principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply lean manufacturing principles and techniques
- Attentive to detail with good planning and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain records; document, compile and organize reports accurately.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to direct, mentor, develop, cross-train and oversee subordinates.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Mechanical aptitude and skills using hand tools, small power tools, and soldering iron
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, prints, and engineering documentation.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations and use of excel.
- Ability to efficiently use office equipment and proficient in the use of the software.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, and reaching, bending at the waist. Indoor/outdoor work environment.
- Visual acuity, speech, and hearing; hand-eye coordination, utilize near and far vision, depth perception, and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, and objects and operate basic office equipment which are essential aspects of this position.