Modern Staffing is seeking an experienced Customer Service Electronic Repair Tech for a manufacturing company located in New Braunfels, TX:
Responsible for repairing and testing electronic boards, parts, hardware, and other manufactured security products; provides electronic technical support and troubleshoots issues with products. Performs other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to:
- Trouble shoots and diagnoses malfunctioning circuits and recommends and/or implements corrective action.
- Reads and works with blueprints, process sheets, operations manuals, schematics, and work orders.
- Dismantles equipment or devices to gain access to and remove defective parts or components using hand tools and power tools/machinery.
- Evaluates and provides price estimates to repair circuit boards, hardware, and other safety/security devices.
- Maintains and updates estimate pending and awaiting pack lists.
- Responds to general questions or complaints related to product(s).
- Provides electronic technical support for manufacturing.
- Provides general and technical information related to products.
- Assists in the design, development, testing and approval of new parts and products.
- Provide technical support on security products over the phone and electronically.
- Increase personal technical knowledge by reading trade publications, operating manuals, and diagnostics information, and attending conferences or seminars.
- Routinely observe operational performance and install of security product and updates when necessary, to increase product knowledge and technical skills.
- Maintains detailed records of daily reported issues and completed repairs along with any further actions required on returns, replacements, or repairs.
- Develop training manuals and troubleshooting procedures to help both support personnel and end users interact properly with security products.
- Test and repair electronic boards, parts, hardware, and other manufactured security products using hand tools and power tools and machinery.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions and operational controls implemented by the company to comply with all applicable legal requirements.
- Follows safe working practices and properly wears personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Associates degree in electronics and one-year related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Knowledge of electronic principles, concepts, and testing procedures
- Knowledge of and skill in operating personal computer and other office equipment
- Ability to read and interpret installation instructions, blueprints, process sheets, operations manuals, schematics, and work orders.
- Ability to quickly identify problems, form solutions, and troubleshoot on electronic and hardware products. Ability to use various soldering and wiring technics.
- Ability to use electronic testing equipment, measuring devices and hand tools.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating verbally and in writing.
- Ability to compile and maintain records, logs and organize reports accurately.
- Ability to operate office equipment and systems; computer, email, excel, phones etc.…
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, and reaching, bending at the waist. Indoor/ out-door work environment.
- Visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand eye coordination, utilize near and far vision, depth perception and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, objects and operate telephone, computer keyboard, basic office and shipping equipment which are essential aspects of this position.