Modern Staffing is seeking an experienced Shop Hand for a manufacturing company located in San Marcos, TX:
Shop Hands keeps facility in production. They are responsible for mixing concrete, cutting metal, heavy lifting, spraying concrete, handling concrete products, and a host of other tasks on the shop floor. A willingness to learn and a good work ethic are essential for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform activities working with metal and concrete used in manufacturing of playground and splash pad related products.
- Mix concrete.
- Cast concrete using molds.
- General cleaning tasks.
- Use a variety of tools to perform tasks on shop floor including welding, cutting, grinding metal, laying metal lathe, and mixing concrete.
- Be safety conscious and use PPEs when needed.
- Learn new techniques and skills to improve and help on the floor.
- Track and record material usage on work orders.
- Learn as much as possible about the different manufacturing processes used.
- Maintain a positive attitude and work well in a team environment..
- Work hard and make fun products for kids.
- Learning & Development
- Planning & Organizing
- Professionalism & Integrity
- Teamwork & Relationship-Building
- Results Orientation
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous construction experience – preferred
- Experience working with concrete - preferred
- Experience with power tools
- A strong work ethic
- Metal fabrication experience - preferred