Modern Staffing is seeking a Staff Accountant for a local manufacturing company located in New Braunfels, TX:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Job Cost Reporting
- Analyze jobs cost reports to ensure completeness and accuracy of material issues and other costing transactions.
- Cost to Complete Pre and Post Job Analysis.
- Research, analyze, and report job cost variances.
- Prepare and maintain in Excel Profitability Summary of Major Jobs.
- On request, prepare other Job Profitability summaries
- Research and analyze job estimates.
- Maintain Inventory – Raw materials and WIP.
- Manage Inventory material control roles in terms of directing implementation of stronger controls and process.
- Cycle Count Selection and Adjustments
- Manage Excess & Obsolete (E&O) inventory and E&O inventory utilization.
- Lead Physical Inventory Coordination and Posting.
- Review Purchase Price Variance & Inventory revaluation transactions.
- Review and coordinate internal indirect jobs.
- Inventory cost roll.
3. Fixed Assets
- Conduct Fixed Asset Inventory Verification
5.Perform financial department audits to ensure accuracy.
6. Participate in other finance and management projects.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient with software including Excel & Word.
- Able to organize and prioritize work. Able to reason and use good judgment.
- Computer data entry, retrieval and analysis skills required.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Prefer 1-3 years business accounting experience either as an internship or full-time employment, preferably in a manufacturing environment.