Modern Staffing is seeking a Logistics Specialist for a manufacturing company located in New Braunfels, TX:
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the cleaning, prepping, and shipment of products and field service supply’s worldwide. The position coordinates domestic & export packaging, logistics, and all related paperwork as required.
- Review drawing specifications for cleaning, package preparation, and painting requirements of every order.
- Ensure finished products meet or exceed requirements prior to shipment.
- Proactively communicates and prepares essential paperwork—packing lists, estimated weights/dimensions, and schedules for freight forwarders & CSR’s in a timely manner.
- Maintains warehouse inventory in a neat, organized fashion.
- Ensure products are packaged appropriately to preclude damage in transit.
- Reviews freight instructions for each order; arranging product pickup with applicable trucking or airfreight companies.
- Reviews backlog daily and communicates with Manufacturing on current schedules.
- Quotes freight carriers to ensure company is receiving competitive rates.
- Obtains budget costs for packaging & logistics to estimating department.
- Maintains contact with export craters & freight forwarders to provide timely updates to relevant staff.
- Logistics pre-planned and paperwork prepared without requests from other departments.
- No freight claims resulting from improper packing.
- Customer feedback on cosmetic appearance and arrival of goods in safe manner.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-2 years of Ocean and Air cargo shipping and logistics experience a must.
- Must have a working knowledge of US export regulations.
- Must be proficient with Computers and Microsoft office suite of products.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience.