Modern Staffing is seeking a qualified Shipping/Receiving Lead for a manufacturing company located in New Braunfels, TX:
Serves as lead for shipping/receiving staff and completes material handling functions to include accepting and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders, packing, and shipping orders, organizing, and retrieving stock in the warehouse, sorting and maintaining inventory, completes cycle counts, keeps bins full for production and completes other related duties as required.
Essential Job Duties: Include but are not limited to:
- Serves as the lead worker for shipping/receiving staff.
- Supports assigned areas of oversight, efficiency, productivity, and accountability to minimize backlog and meet shipping objectives.
- Monitors assigned team members’ attendance and performance: Document and report assigned team members’ policy/procedure violation(s) and/or performance deficiencies.
- Begin and end shift on time consistently and report delays immediately.
- Supports the elimination of loitering of all personnel.
- Review Release Open Order Report (ROO) and daily Complete Order Report to ensure orders are accurately pulled and shipped on time per both reports’ outlined priorities. Ensure shipping orders and priorities are followed. Communicate any deviations immediately to the Materials Control Manager.
- Coordinate with Shipping/Receiving Supervisor to ensure appropriate levels of materials and parts are available in points of use and overflow locations.
- Assure receiving, shipping, and stocking functions are well organized and effective.
- Participates in all aspects of receiving, shipping, and inventory control.
- Collaborates with Quality Auditor to ensure parts received meet required specifications to eliminate waste and production delays.
- Stocks materials in assigned bin location and observes date code requirements and first-in/first-out (FIFO) requirements and participates in cycle counts.
- Provides general information regarding shipped and/or received materials, inventory, supplies, and all materials.
- Participates in cost reduction and quality improvement projects within the department.
- Stays current on freight and postal regulations and communicates with various freight forwarding companies, customers, coworkers, and various levels of management.
- Supports training, new hire training, and cross-training of shipping/receiving staff for development and maintenance of succession plan to ensure business continuity
- Completes in-process inspection to ensure shipping and receiving items are accurate.
- Documents and reports shipping/receiving order deviations immediately.
- Maintains appearance standards, presence, and professional communication skills and supports supervisor with employee needs.
- Reports building, equipment, sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Continuous improvement demonstrated in shipping output and building sanitation.
- Maintains the safety, cleanliness, and organization of the work area.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions, and operational controls implemented by the company to comply with all applicable legal requirements.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Associates Degree or High School Diploma/General Education Development (GED) certificate and two years experience in a manufacturing shipping/receiving environment. Strong time management, leadership, mentoring, and cross-training experience.
- Attentive to detail with good planning time management skills, and willing to assume a variety of shipping/receiving related tasks.
- Forklift certification and show proof of competency in operating forklift, aerial lift, pallet jack, and other required shipping equipment. Ability to operate motorized equipment safely.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations and filing and organizing material.
- Skill in operating office equipment, including a personal computer for data entry, order searches, email, and web searches (mail, UPS, FedEx, etc.…).
- Ability to maintain records, and documents and compile and organize reports.
- Ability to operate postage equipment and manual and electronic shipping equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret shipping orders and shipping/receiving invoices.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
- Valid Texas driver’s license required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 75 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, reaching, and bending at the waist. Indoor/ outdoor work environment.
- Visual acuity, speech, and hearing; hand-eye coordination, utilizing near and far vision, depth perception, and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, and objects and operate a telephone, computer keyboard, and basic office and shipping equipment which are essential aspects of this position.
Monday - Friday 7:00AM - 3:30PM