Modern Staffing is seeking qualified Cartoning Operators for a manufacturing company in Seguin, TX.:JOB SUMMARY:Perform routine operations related to the operation and adjustment of Cartoning Machines to insert bundles of re-closable plastic bags into retail cartons. Perform duties according to prescribed schedule, Plant Manager Instructions, standardized procedures and written product specifications.
- Basic understanding of machine operations and adjustments.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds routinely.
- Willing to work Monday through Thursday with overtime as needed.
- Willing to handle job stress and interact with others in the workplace.
- Willing to work 12-hour shifts and have regular, reliable attendance, and willing to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- Assemble Master Boxes.
- Load Chipboard and place bundles of bags into cartons.
- Place sealed cartons into master boxes, seal with case-sealer and place on pallet.
- Stretch Wrap completed pallets, fill-out Skid Ticket, and place on pallet.
- Write required information on outside of Stretch Wrap.
- Move material as necessary using Electric Pallet Jack.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety and ASI Rules and Regulations.
- Perform Quality Tests and/or inspections on bags, finished folding-cartons, and master shipping boxes to ensure quality of product and conformity to written standards.
- Inspect bag appearance, finished carton appearance, fiber tear, and bag count by weight.
- Load cases onto pallets.
- Feed the line with bags.
- Drive the line by sitting and using a foot pedal to control Line Speed.
- Remove a string or rubber band and insert bundles into cartons.
- Serve as a Helper by doing re-work, weighing scrap, and filling-in for other needed positions.
- Fill up boxes, open boxes, and keep chipboard full.
- Putting cartons into Masters.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
1st Shift - 6am to 6pm
2nd Shift - 6pm to 6am