Modern Staffing is seeking qualified Cartoning Operators for a manufacturing company in Seguin, TX.:JOB SUMMARY:Perform routine operations related to the operation and adjustment of cartoning machines to insert bundles of re-closable plastic bags into retail cartons. Perform duties according to prescribed schedule, Plant Manager Instructions, standardized procedures and written product specifications.
- Basic understanding of machine operations and adjustments.
- Willing to lift 30 pounds routinely.
- Willing to work Monday through Thursday with overtime as needed.
- Willing to handle job stress and interact with others in the workplace.
- Willing to work 12 hour shifts and have regular, reliable attendance and willing to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- Assemble master boxes.
- Load chip board and place bundles of bags into cartons.
- Place sealed cartons into master boxes, seal on case sealer and place on pallet.
- Stretch wrap completed pallets, fill out skid ticket, and place on pallet.
- Write required information on outside of stretch wrap.
- Move material as necessary using electric pallet jack.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety and ASI rules and regulations.
- Perform quality tests and/or inspections on bags, finished folding cartons, and master shipping boxes to ensure quality of product and conformance to written standards.
- Inspect bag appearance, finished carton appearance, fiber tear, and bag count by weight.
- Load cases onto pallets.
- Feed the line with bags.
- Drive the line by sitting and using a foot pedal to control the speed of the line.
- Remove a string or rubber band and insert bundles into cartons.
- Server as a helper by doing rework, weighing scrap, and filling in for other positions.
- Fill up boxes, open boxes, and keep chipboard full.
- Putting cartons into masters.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
1st Shift - 6am to 6pm
2nd Shift - 6pm to 6am