To assist Purchasing in ensuring that all purchased material is ordered, received, stored, and accounted for.
- Receive, count, and inspect all incoming raw material from steel vendors.
- Verify tag numbers with material description and counts.
- Coordinate return of rejected material to steel suppliers by interfacing with Quality, and work area Team Leaders.
- Perform physical counts on all raw material as directed by the Buyer/Materials Manager.
- Maintain min/max on MRO/consumable items, notifying the Buyer when items have reached their re-order point, receiving ordered material, and issuing as required, performing the necessary transactions in Profit Fab to maintain accurate inventory levels at all times.
- Where established, maintain min/max on Hardware used in production on all Jobs, notifying the Buyer (when applicable) when items have reached their re-order point, receiving/inspecting incoming material, and issuing as required – also maintains accurate inventory counts on floor stock to ensure adequate supply on hand to meet planned requirements.
- Perform Receiving Inspection functions as directed by Quality Manager and Purchasing Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Buyer to aid in the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or parts; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Requires knowledge of Excel and Word software.
- Requires knowledge of ProfitFab software.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blue prints, receiving and other associated documentation. Ability to effectively present information to Management.
Education and/or Experience:
High School graduate (minimum). Ability to communicate effectively, and at least five years experience in sheet metal contract manufacturing.