Modern Staffing is seeking qualified MIG welders for a manufacturing company in Seguin, TX:
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe manner.
- Pick and gather parts as directed by supervisor/Lead for items to be welded out.
- Turns valves to release fuel, gas and oxygen, and ignites mixture or inserts specified weld rod into portable holder and changes cable into workpiece.
- Guides electrodes or torch and filler rod along standard position weld joints at specified space and angle to melt and deposit metal from filler rod onto workpiece.
- Effectively communicate all issues to supervisor/lead.
- Required to work in teams.
- Completes defect-free parts in a timely manner.
- May be required to perform other assigned duties.
- Ability to read blueprints with weld symbols and specifications.
- Ability to Read measuring devices.
- Manual dexterity; mechanically inclined and have good eye/hand coordination.
- Ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane.
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 35 pounds alone and greater than 35 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time (up to 8+ hours) as required by tasks being completed.
- Ability to wear appropriate PPE, including hearing/eye protection, gloves and safety shoes.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed to complete job assignments.
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled manufacturing plant environment.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to tolerate heights.
- Frequent walking, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing as required by tasks being completed.
- High school diploma / GED or equivalent of 2 years of weld experience.
- Certified Welder is a plus but not required.