Modern Staffing is seeking qualified Grinder for a manufacturing company in Seguin, TX Please see below job description to see if you qualify.
Do you have a strong attention to detail and a desire to ensure products retain the highest quality standards? If so, become a valuable member of our team as a grinder, inspecting products as they come out of the machinery, removing any defective pieces and providing the finishing touches on the rest by hand. Your problem-solving skills will come in handy as you keep the machinery running and reduce any potential gaps in production in a fast-paced environment that cannot afford to lose any time due to machinery malfunctions.
- Inspect machinery and workpieces to ensure that they remain compliant with specifications to reduce any malfunctions and associated loss of production.
- Ensure grinding wheels are dressed according to specifications so that the machines remain at peak working capability.
- Stop any machines upon discovery of a problem and make the required adjustments as quickly as possible to minimize downtime.
- Provide quality control by inspecting workpieces as they come out of the equipment and removing any defective pieces.
- Operate machinery, including polishing and grinding equipment, to grind any metal workpieces to their prescribed specifications to ensure high-quality products.
- Finish products by hand using hand tools to ensure the surfaces are filed or finished accordingly.
- Keep all equipment running by inspecting and performing basic maintenance, including lubrication and cleaning, and scheduling repairs when needed.
- Perform basic repairs, including replacing parts when they are worn down or broken, within the scope of expected knowledge and expertise.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-year experience as a grinder or similar job is preferred but not required
- Able to stand all day and lift up to 50 pounds
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills