Modern Staffing is seeking a Cartoning Technician for a manufacturing company located in Seguin, TX:
- POSITION OBJECTIVE
This position is to focus on keeping lines running by minimizing downtime and making necessary adjustments to machines as needed while in operation. The Cartoning Technician should also prepare for upcoming change overs and working with the Team Leader to pull any materials that may be needed for upcoming production runs.
- 3 years minimum experience in Cartoning
- Ability to problem solve
- Proven machine operator skills and/or strong mechanical and technical background
- Experience in 24/7 environment preferred
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Good attendance, work habits and attitude
- Must display leadership qualities
- Familiar with warehouse and inventory control practices
- Ability to read production schedule
- Good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word)
- Willing to handle job stress and interact with others in the workplace
- Must have regular, reliable attendance and willing to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- On the job training available for the following
- Completing a changeover on all 5 cartoning lines and tray former
- Entry level fabrication for guards
- Fine tuning of the machine to optimize performance of the line
- Forklift training
- First Responder training
- Will learn to back up Team Leader as needed
- AUTHORITY/DECISION MAKING
- Work with Cartoning Supervisor to make requisitions for parts.
- Notify Team Leader if a machine needs to go down for repair and communicate timeline for repair.
- Make recommendations for schedule changes if there is a potential for increased efficiency.
- Request maintenance for major problems and work with maintenance personnel directly on any issues.
- Make recommendations for placing product on hold.
- DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- JOB TASKS & DUTIES
- Support and enforce all safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Call or speak to a Team Leader immediately for any accident (including first aid)
- Perform a minimum of one PM per line per year.
- Clean glue units a minimum of once per year.
- Ensure that cartoning is in good working condition daily.
- Set-up line for each production run.
- Ensure that materials are ready beforehand to minimize downtime during repairs.
- Communicate from shift to shift any issues that have been experienced throughout the day.
- Set-up lot code per production.
- Change the weigh checker for each line for each production.
- Organize and re-order as needed for spare parts.
- Perform QC check (minimum of 1 per line) daily.
- Act as back-up for Team Leader in his/her absence.
- Attend all scheduled meetings.
- Assist with departmental material handling as needed.
- Serve as back up Team Leader as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, ELECTRONIC DEVICES & SOFTWARE
- Microsoft Office
- Data Collection Production system
- Pallet Jacks
- Lift Table
- Fork Lifts
- Man Lift
- Various Hand Tools
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
Highlight in yellow all letters that apply.
- Climbing, ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized.
- Balancing, maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically moving surfaces.
- Stooping, bending body downward and forward by bending spine and waist.
Example: Changing paper in printer, copier machine.
- Kneeling, bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- E. Crouching, bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Crawling, moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Reaching, extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Example: Giving signals, reaching for material or handle on item.
- Standing, particularly for sustained periods of time.
Example: Making copies, giving presentations, directing traffic.
- Walking, moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
- Pushing, using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling, using upper extremities to exert force in order to drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- L. Lifting, raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position.
DEGREE OF LIFTING:
5-25 lbs 26-50 lbs 51-100 lbs 101 lbs or greater
- Fingering, picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping, applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm.
- O. Feeling, perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; via face to face or telephone.
- Hearing, perceiving the nature of sounds with no less than a 40 db loss @ 500 Hz, 1,000 Hz and 2,000 Hz with or without correction. Ability to receive verbal communication and to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machined parts.
- Repetitive motions, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Example: Filing, sorting mail, starting ignition of machinery.
- VISUAL ACTIVITY REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
Keep in mind that color, depth perception and field of vision is pertinent to requirements. Please highlight in yellow all letters that apply to your position.
- Machine operation, inspection, close assembly, clerical and administrative duties.
Example: Preparing and analyzing data and figures, accounting, transcription, data entry, CRT exposure, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, using measurement devices or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- B. Machine operation and skilled trades; use of lathes, drills, presses, power tools to see where a job is at, or within, arms reach.
- Mobile equipment operations; operate cars, trucks, buses, fork lifts, cranes and high lift equipment.
- Other criteria based on accuracy and neatness of work.
Example: Cleaning personnel, sweepers, janitors, cooks.
- Position requires individual to differentiate colors, depth and perception.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS SUBJECTED TO IN THIS POSITION
Highlight in yellow all letters that apply.
- A. Inside environmental conditions protected from weather conditions, not necessarily temperature conditions.
- Outside environmental conditions, no effective protection from weather.
- C. Inside and outside environments apply.
- Subject to extreme cold; temperatures below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour.
- Subject to extreme heat; temperatures above 100 degrees for more than one hour.
- Subject to noise, causing reason to shout in order to be heard above the noise level.
- G. Subject to vibration, exposure, fluctuating movement of the body.
Subject to hazards such as moving machinery, electrical currents, falling debris, exposure to chemicals, gases, high heat or explosives.
Subject to unregulated atmospheric conditions caused by odors, fumes, gases, poor ventilation and dusts.
- J. Subject to oils and other cutting fluids via touch or air.
- Air density conditions causing the use of a respirator.
- Not exposed to any adverse environmental conditions. (Usually office work.)