Modern Staffing is seeking a Lead Production Operator in a manufacturing company located in New Braunfels, TX.
Responsible for assembling mechanical and electro-mechanical boards, parts, hardware, and other door management security products; serving as lead worker in assembly activities; setting up jobs; packing products and other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Include but are not limited to:
- Assembles mechanical and electro-mechanical boards, parts, hardware, and other door products using various parts like electronic components, PC boards, covers, plates, boxes, screws, nuts, and wires. Meets or exceeds standard rates.
- Operates and uses machines, hand tools, small power tools, voltage meters, and testing equipment to assemble and test products.
- Reviews work orders and ensure the appropriate level of materials, tools, equipment, and resources are available for production functions.
- Reads process sheets and assembles boards and units for standard and custom orders.
- Works from samples, sample drawings, blueprints, schematics, as well as written and verbal instructions. Meets or exceeds standard rates.
- Packages products and prepares for shipping & ships as needed.
- Serve as the lead worker in the production/assembly activities listed above.
- Supports sales department with lead times and other information as needed.
- Provides training and assistance to production staff.
- Completes in-process inspection to ensure the production process is as defined in the production work instructions. Puts product on hold/containment for any issues identified.
- Documents and reports all discrepancies between the product and the written specifications per procedures to supervisor and quality immediately.
- Enters daily scrap for inventory control and for improvement analysis.
- Maintain appearance standards, presence, and professional communication skills and ensure employee needs are met: time off request reviewed and timely responses to requests/concerns to ensure a high level of employee dignity and respect.
- Ensure daily communication with each employee a minimum of twice per day. Ensure equal attention among team members to avoid the perception of differential treatment.
- Maintain appropriate tools and resources available to employees so they are successful.
- Report building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Responsible for assigned areas of oversight, efficiency, productivity, accountability, and production to minimize backlog and meet business objectives, and increase profitability. Elimination of loitering of all personnel.
- Monitor assigned team members’ attendance and performance: Document and report assigned team members policy/procedure violation(s) and/or performance deficiencies timely and follow thru with support for applicable and appropriate corrective action.
- Timely and accurate reports: Production productivity, purchase parts shortages, backlogs and inventory needs, maintenance needs, etc.….
- Ensure assigned production work orders are followed. Communicate any deviations immediately.
- Begin and end shift on time consistently and report delays immediately.
- Collaborate with Quality Auditor to ensure all production output meets work instruction specifications to eliminate product variances, waste, and customer complaints.
- Continuous improvement demonstrated in production output and building sanitation.
- Report production delays and quality concerns/variances immediately to the supervisor.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control, and safety of the work area.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions, and operational controls implemented by Detex to comply with all applicable legal requirements.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree or High School Diploma/General Education Development (GED) certificate and two years experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment. Strong leadership, mentoring, and cross-training experience. Associates Degree and one-year soldering experience in a manufacturing or assembly environment preferred.
- Attentive to detail with good planning and time management skills, and willing to assume a variety of production/assembly-related tasks.
- Ability to maintain records; document, compile and organize reports accurately.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Mechanical aptitude and skills using hand tools, small power tools, and soldering iron.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, prints, and engineering documentation.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations and use of MS Excel.
- Ability to distinguish colors for color-coding practices.
- Ability to perform detailed repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning, reaching, and bending at the waist. Indoor/outdoor work environment.
- Visual acuity, speech, and hearing; hand-eye coordination, utilize near and far vision, depth perception, and manual dexterity necessary to work with various materials, and objects and operate basic office equipment which are essential aspects of this position.
PAY RANGE: $15 - $17/hr.