Modern Staffing is seeking an experienced CNC Programmer/Operator to join our Client's Engineering and Production team. The role is located in San Marcos, TX
The position will utilize the candidates CNC background to create foam sculptures in a production environment. This position brings 3d playground element designs through production to completion. The candidate will be responsible for the programming of a FANUC robotic router utilizing SprutCAM. They will be accountable for post process production documentation utilizing Solidworks, Rhino, and SprutCAM software. Documentation includes raw material setup, layout, and slicing for component completion through CNC and manufacturing processes. Candidate will evaluate complexity of design work with Design team on component feasibility/complexity and propose CNC or secondary manufacturing methods.
- Perform initial production design reviews of CNC production and provide programming and production time estimates for scheduling.
- Programming of CNC production utilizing SprutCAM.
- Post processing of files utilizing Solidworks and Rhino 3d software.
- Generate production control documents for CNC production including, raw material usage, CNC setup, slicing, and assembly order.
- Reviews workload and production schedule daily and balances CNC programming and operations duties.
- Reviews component concepts and determines cost effective solutions through program cycle times and secondary operations.
- Continually improve departmental processes and propose new ways of working to streamline throughput.
- Reviews task schedule to prioritize workload and communicate issues to management.
- Works with project managers and will discuss design requirements and modify or refine designs to conform to client specifications, production limitations, functionality, cost effectiveness and/or design trends.
- Maintain copies of generated files per established company and engineering standards.
- Knowledge of computer-aided design software and principles.
- Proficiency with CNC CADCAM Software. SprutCAM Preferred.
- Proficiency with 3D models and software. Solidworks and Rhino Preferred.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, combined with attention to detail and accuracy.
- 3 years or more experience in CNC programming and operation.
- Candidate shall be proficient in Excel, SmartSheet, Word, PowerPoint, for generation of supporting schedules and documentation.
Position Requirements – All Staff
- Actively seeks to improve processes, quality, service, and employees by proposing and implementing new ways of working through all departments.
- Strong teamwork attitude
- Taking responsibility for and being accountable for actions
- Being willing to speak out and contribute to bettering the company.
- Being proud of your output
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- AutoCAD: 3 years (Preferred)