Modern Staffing is seeking a Concrete Painter for a creative fabrication company in San Marcos, TX:
Concrete Painters are an integral part of the team. They are responsible for applying and sculpting concrete to create the final look and function of our concrete play features. A variety of techniques are used to achieve the results, from a common trowel to pouring molds to stamping techniques. Not only do our Concrete Painters sculpt the concrete, but they are also responsible for painting and staining final products. An artistic eye is essential to give our creations a life of their own. These sculptures will be seen in parks and on playgrounds nationwide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Bring Concrete Sculptures to life with a combination of latex paint, stains, polyurethanes, and clear coats.
- Prepping Metal (both stainless and Mild) for paint with power tools and a sand blasting booth
- Use provided reference material and shop drawings to sculpt beautiful and functional play pieces.
- Follow design discretion of Creative Manager.
- Use a variety of tools to perform tasks on shop floor including welding, cutting, grinding metal, laying metal lathe, spray painting, and mixing concrete.
- Be safety conscious and use PPEs when needed.
- Learn new techniques and skills to improve and help on the floor
- Track and record material usage on work orders.
- Learn as much as possible about the different manufacturing processes used
- Maintain a positive attitude and work well in a team environment.
- Work hard and make fun products for kids!
- A solid grasp of color theory.
- A background in industrial painting.
- Experience with Airbrushes, Cup guns, pressure pots, etc.
- The ability to paint a sculpture using a variety of reference images.
- Independent and resourceful problem-solving skills.
- Sculptural or artistic experience.
- Experience in construction industry or working with concrete is a plus.
- Metal fabrication experience is a plus.
Travel will be at a minimum, with occasional trips to the manufacturing facility or help with community playground installs.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Ability to speak English and Spanish is a plus.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Basic Computer skills are a plus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen.
- The employee will be subject to heavy lifting including but not limited to bags of Portland cement, buckets of concrete, sheet metal, and metal tubing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, except in the manufacturing environment where PPE may be required.
PAY RANGE: $17 - $18.50/hr