Modern Staffing is recruiting for a TDRL Licensed Journeyman Electrician with Residential Home Warranty Experience for a company in New Braunfels, TX:
As an electrician working for our client company, you will efficiently perform high-quality electrical work, repairs, and/or replacements to all customers we service with professionalism and excellent customer service. We do both commercial and residential jobs but are looking for someone to manage the home warranty/residential work.
Journeyman Key Responsibilities:
- Accurately diagnose the cause of the electrical problem(s), recommend options for repair or replacement to customers, price work in accordance with company policy, complete repairs after authorization is received, and complete all authorized service repairs with professionalism and service excellence.
- Work with inspectors, suppliers, and co-workers to ensure correct project work while abiding by all codes.
- Listen to the customers’ concerns regarding the services provided and suggest proper treatment or solutions to address their concerns.
- Know and understand all applicable federal, state, and local codes and apply them in a practical manner on each job.
- Carry out general Electrical skills such as reading diagrams and blueprints, running conduit and wire, installing devices, and troubleshooting circuits, devices, and equipment.
- Communicate effectively with the supervisor, office manager, and customers to ensure complete alignment at any time during the service repair or replacement process, including any issues, concerns, or outstanding items.
- Work with and train coworkers who may be assigned to work with you.
- Be available to serve periodic on-call rotation assignments (per schedule approved by the service manager) necessary to accommodate customers' schedules.
- Always maintain a positive attitude with customers, fellow employees, and supervisors.
- Typically, an 8-hour shift with the occasional late evening work.
- Work Week is Monday through Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm with an hour lunch.
- A minimum of 4 - 5 years experience as a Journeyman Electrician.
- Must hold a current Texas TDLR Residential Wireman, Journeyman Electrician License for those applying as a Journeyman Electrician.
- Must be able to produce a valid driver's license and current, valid insurance.
- Must have a reliable vehicle to get to and from jobsites.
- Mileage compensated. (Drive home from work jobsites not paid)
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems and components, including wiring, circuits, fixtures, and other components.
- Familiarity with motor controls, solar systems, and/or EV charging stations is a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with local and national electrical codes and regulations.
- Experience with Commercial work a plus.
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications is a must.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer knowledge is a requirement. You will need to know how to work a tablet and work with different websites.
PAY RATE: TDLR Journeyman Electrician $29 - $38/hr