Modern Staffing is recruiting for a Skilled TDLR Licensed Apprentice Electrician with Residential Home Warranty Experience for a company in New Braunfels, TX:
Our client company is a family-owned and operated business that takes pride in their work. They look at their employees and customers as family and treat them with the same respect as they would want to be treated. What they expect from you as one of our temp-to-hire employees is attention to detail, quality, and pride. They strongly believe in a quality work/life balance.
As an electrician for our client company, you will efficiently perform high-quality electrical work, repairs, and/or replacements to all customers they service with professionalism and
excellent customer service. They do both commercial and residential jobs but are looking for someone to manage the Home Warranty/Residential work.
Apprentice Key Responsibilities:
- Accurately diagnose the cause of electrical problems, recommend options for repair or replacement to customers, price work in accordance with company policy, complete repairs after authorization is received, and complete all authorized service repairs with professionalism and service excellence.
- Work with inspectors, suppliers, and co-workers to ensure correct project work while abiding by all codes.
- Listens to customers’ concerns regarding the services provided and suggests proper treatments or solutions address their concerns.
- Know and understand all applicable federal, state, and local codes and apply them in a practical manner on each job.
- Carry out general Electrical skills such as reading diagrams and blueprints, running conduit and wire, installing devices, and troubleshooting circuits, devices, and equipment.
- Communicate effectively with the supervisor, office manager, and customers to ensure complete alignment at any time during the service repair or replacement process, including any issues, concerns, or outstanding items.
- Work with and train coworkers which may be assigned to work with you.
- Be available to serve periodic on-call rotation assignments (per schedule approved by service manager) necessary to ensure accommodate customers' schedules.
- Always maintain a positive attitude with customers, fellow employees, and supervisors.
- Typically, an 8-hour shift with occasional late evening work.
- Work Week is Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm with an hour lunch.
- We do have occasional Saturday work.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of experience as an Apprentice Electrician.
- Must be a Licensed TDLR Apprentice Electrician.
- Must be able to produce a valid driver's license and current, valid insurance.
- Must have a reliable vehicle to get to and from jobsites.
- Mileage compensated. (Drive home from work jobsites not paid)
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems and components, including wiring, circuits, fixtures, and other components.
- Familiarity with motor controls, solar systems, and/or EV charging stations is a plus familiarity with local and national electrical codes and regulations.
- Experience with Commercial work a plus.
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications is a must.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Basic computer knowledge is a requirement. You will need to know how to work a tablet and work with different websites.
PAY RATE: TDLR Apprentice Electrician $18 - $28/hr