Working independently under minimal supervision, coordinates and expedites the flow of materials, parts and assemblies between departments. Provides status on work orders and initiates action to correct systemic problems such as incorrect routings, bills of materials, drawings and inventory counts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Locates and moves priority parts and work order as identified by Production Team and works with production cells to prioritize and complete expedited orders.
- Locates priority parts as identified by Production Planning and provides status, estimated completion dates and constraints to Production Control.
- Initiates action to correct routings, bills of materials, drawings and inventory counts using established procedures or current methods.
- Tracks progress of work orders in production department. Coordinates status of work orders directly with supervisors in these departments and provides status to Production Team.
- Determines when parts cannot be located and initiates action to have parts manufactured or issued from stock to replace them.
- Takes initiative to identify production cell bottlenecks and impediments and works to rectify them.
- Read, understand, maintain JDE supply/demand, work order information and creation of work orders.
- Accurately maintain distribution revenue report for daily meeting, including daily edits / maintenance, identifying shortages and related work centers and expediting material needed to complete part orders. Provide timely feedback to Customer Service when necessary and answer their inquiries concerning part orders and inform Production Team of any of their concerns.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Medium level Microsoft Excel user, experience in Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of material flow and work order system.
- Experience using JDE system.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and activities, organize work and set priorities.
- Problem solving ability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate required.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift, push or pull up to 35 pounds alone and greater than 35 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time (up to 8+ hours) as required by tasks being completed.
- Ability to wear appropriate PPE, including hearing/eye protection, gloves and safety shoes.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed to complete job assignments.
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled manufacturing plant environment.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to tolerate heights.
- Frequent walking, bending, stooping, reaching and climbing as required by tasks being completed.