Modern Staffing is seeking qualified Machinist for a manufacturing company in New Braunfels, TX:
Prior experience in operating metal fabrication equipment (brake press, burn table, shear, drill press, lathe, expander, punch former, plate roll, stake welder); use of overhead crane and forklift necessary.
- Sets up and operate machines.
- Utilize blueprints.
- Makes adjustments for materials used.
- Verifies dimensional requirements.
- Transfers materials to storage areas.
- Works with unconventional materials and requires specialized skills.
- Sets up and operates machinery that automatically heats, mills, cuts, forms, drills, broaches or reams metal, plastic, or processed material parts.
- Makes adjustments to adhere to established specifications.
- Troubleshoots and corrects faulty programming.
- Makes general decisions as to quality, tolerances and operation sequence.
- Follows all safety rules and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works on semi-routine assignments
- Requires help from supervisors or others to complete new tasks.
- Analysis and actions require instruction from higher levels.
- Good knowledge of the job, company policies and processes.
- Applies job skills to complete semi-routine tasks.
- Some understanding of the technical aspects of the job.
- Ability to follow verbal or simple written instructions and procedures.
- Few judgement calls.
- Serves as a team member.
- Proficient at reading blueprints.
Pay will depend on years of experience.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, some OT on Saturdays.
Day Shift: 7:00am-4:00pm 1 position open
Night Shift: 4:00pm-12:00am 2 positions open