Modern Staffing is recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Engineer for a manufacturing company located in New Braunfels, TX.
The Mechanical Engineer provides design efforts from receipt of the customer’s purchase order, through production, installation and final commissioning - both in new product design and existing product redesign.
- Reviews requests for quotation and perform application engineering on the RFQ to determine what the customer desires. Determines what product best suits the customer and application. Design expansion joints per EJMA Standards (Expansion Joint Manufacturers Association) and in compliance with customer drawings, specifications, ASME VIII, B31.3, B31.1 or III and company standards.
- Reviews drawings, plans and other customer documents to develop and prepare sales proposals.
- Proposes changes in equipment, processes or use of materials and services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations.
- Provides technical services to customers regarding use, operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Contacts customer and representatives to promote products or services offered and resolve comments to drawings.
- Meets with customers and assist sales representatives to maintain relationships, deliver sales presentations, negotiate and obtain purchase orders and deliver required engineering for approval.
- Coordinate liaison between sales and other support functions.
- Supports all initiatives and audits as required, including support and communication of all corporate goals.
- Understand and practice current ISO9000 and ISO14001 standards.
- May be required to travel globally.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Two (2) years related experience in piping design, refining or petrochemical industry and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with Solidworks or similar 3D modeling software. Certification in a modeling software is a plus i.e. Certified Solidworks Associate (CSWA) or higher.
- Familiar with CAESAR II pipe stress analysis software
- Familiar with ASME Section VIII, Section III, B31.1, and/or B31.3
- Familiar with FEA software (Solidworks Simulation or similar). Certification in an FEA software is a plus i.e. Certified Solidworks Simulation Associate (CSWA-Simulation) or higher.
- Current TWIC card or willing to obtain one within three months of hire.
- EIT certification or ability to obtain with six months of hire.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of software programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing, with co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Willing to learn and think outside the box for design solutions.
PAY RATE: $55k - $65k / annual